Become an Ambassador
Giving Africa Ambassadors are those that hold our work close to their hearts and are willing to go the extra mile to support children in Burkina Faso. The bottom line is a commitment of raising £200 each year – this can be through all sorts of ways e.g doing a trek and getting sponsorship, personal donations, bringing in a company partner, gifts in kind, coffee mornings, sponsoring a child – whatever is the easiest and most enjoyable option for each person.
Ambassadors can be those who have been involved with Giving Africa from its founding in 2010 or those who have only just come across us and feel deeply that they wish to connect and develop alongside us and our partners in Burkina Faso.
As an Ambassador with Giving Africa you can expect:
- To be involved with an organisation that is dedicated to eradicating poverty through the power of learning with partnerships in the UK and Africa
- To be given regular updates on the life at Bethel School and how your support is creating positive change
- To be given the opportunity to travel to Burkina Faso (costs not included) and to learn the depth of community spirit from the ‘land of the upright people’ through personal contact with Giving Africa and our partners in AEAD
- To be able to meet like minded Ambassadors at Giving Africa events and be given the opportunity to take part in activities that challenge you and push you to learn
- To be treated with respect and courtesy
In return we ask that Ambassadors:
- Commit to raising a minimum of £200 per annum. This can be through direct donations; sponsorship; getting involved in a sponsored event such as Kili, Morocco or UK bike ride; holding a fundraising ball or coffee morning; holding a raffle; offering your services for a donation; donating a prize for auction.
- Support our aims and objectives
- Remember that they are a representative of Giving Africa
- Share their ideas and give us honest feedback on how to develop Giving Africa and how we can improve the service and support that they receive
- Are open and honest in their dealings with us
- Treat fellow Ambassadors and Giving Africa volunteers and staff with courtesy and respect
- Let us know in advance if you wish to change the nature of your contribution
If you feel passionate about supporting Giving Africa in this way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org